Everyone wants a quick fix and at Sweat In Style Fitness, we have to confess, we kind of wish there was one too but we know when to believe in fairy tales and when to wise up. In truth, these tweaks are so minor you’ll feel almost like they’re magic – especially when you reap the huge benefits they have to offer.
We all suffer from the ups and downs of energy levels, every single day. There’s a simple reason for that, in large part it is due to our body’s circadian rhythms. Oxygen Magazine explains that circadian rhythms are our “body’s internal clock that regulates biological processes like body temperature, sleep-wake cycles and hormone release over a 24-hour period. As the day progresses, it’s normal to feel little dips in your energy.”
So what do you do to counteract the ebb and flow and try to keep things on a more even keel? Try some of these lifestyle tweaks and see if you don’t get a boost in energy!
1. We’re big believers in not only quality sleep but having a firm sleep routine, meaning go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
2. Eat breakfast. Many are tempted to skip this meal but it really is the most important meal of the day. It’s what gets your day started out on the right track. Your body needs fuel for energy – no fuel = no energy.
3. Ever been tempted to grab sugar for a rush? Sure we all have and many of reach for a glass of juice but we’re actually feeding the vicious cycle when we do. Why? According to Joy Bauer, “fruit juice – even 100 percent fruit juice – is concentrated sugar. Slurp down a glass, and you’ll suffer an energy crash shortly after. A piece of whole fruit on the other hand, provides filling fiber and energy-sustaining power along with that shot of sweetness. Bonus: A cup of orange juice is 110 calories and an orange only 60.”
4. Unplug and unwind. Being logged on constantly or turning into a couch potato is draining! Put your phone down and have a real conversation with people. Turn the TV off and go for a walk. You’ll feel better and have more energy too.
5. Spread meals out over the day. Don’t go more than 6 hours without eating. Three squares and a couple of healthy snacks will help to keep your body fueled up and energy levels stable.
6. Stay hydrated. Your body needs water – lots of it and it uses up the supply pretty quickly. Pass on the soda and instead have a big glass of water. Your skin will look better and you’ll have more energy.
7. Don’t worry, be happy! Ok easier said than done, we’ll admit but worrying won’t do any good. It produces no results and is bad for your health. Instead be mindful of looking at the glass half full. Focus on the positive – it will make a difference.
So, here are seven tips that are pretty easy to implement. Give them a try and see if they don’t boost your energy levels. Then, let us know how it went! You can thank us then.